Halloween Games and Activities for Pre-K and Kindergarten

Facebook Pinterest Chirp Graphics TeachersPayTeachers Teacher's Notebook Image Map


Well, it's that time of year again...

Time to rustle around in my closets to decide what I will "BE" for our Halloween party at school this week!

I'm trying to show my daughters that you don't need to buy a new costume every year.
But it's a hard sell!

If you are looking for some Halloween party games, you might want to check out my
Halloween Party Ideas post from last year.  

It includes a number of different games perfect for a Preschool or Kindergarten group.

At school, this past week we introduced some Halloween activities at centre time.

We made a variety of monsters at the playdough table.




 We practised matching pumpkin letters to the leaves in the pumpkin patch.

(By the way, I'll be using this leaf chart again in the spring to match up flower letters)
 The children could either match pumpkins with upper case letters to the leaves, or flip the pumpkins over to match lower case letters.


For those who wanted the challenge of matching lower case to upper case, I created the chart below to use for reference if needed.
   
We also spent some time drawing faces on pumpkins with markers.  


Originally I put out erasable markers, but those lines were much harder to wipe off.  

So I switched to regular kids' washable markers.
  They weren't as dark, but they showed up just fine.

This week we'll use the pumpkins again for some new activities.  

I'll try to get the post in before the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have some comments to share regarding this post, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...